The Purposes of Skipton Progress Association:
- To promote and foster the progress and prosperity
of Skipton and surrounding District.
- To attract population and business to Skipton and District.
- To work towards the improvement of existing amenities of the town.
- To assist communication between people of the community and Corangamite Shire.
- To protect and preserve the history and heritage of Skipton and District.
The Intent of Skipton Progress Association:
- Produce weekly newsletter for Skipton & District.
- Monthly Skipton Market -
first Saturday of each month.
- Improve the Town Centre, promote local business.
- Maintenance of parks and public areas.
- Approaches to town
[tree planting and signage]
- Tourism [information boards,brochures,walking trails,Ballarat-Skipton Rail Trail]
- Work with other groups in the community and assist to reach their
- Provide a voice for community members with local government.
- Assist groups and organisations to apply for grants.
Recent Accomplishments of Skipton Progress Association:
- Clearing of non indigenous species from banks of
Mt. Emu Creek.
- Gateway to the start of Skipton-Ballarat Rail Trail.
- Planting of avenue of trees at Skipton entrance to the Rail Trail are growing very well.
- Tree planting at entrances to Skipton looking good.
- Significant new plantings and tree works completed by Corangamite Shire.
- Town Entrances at four
entrances to Skipton.
Current Activities of Skipton Progress Association:
- Further tree planting around town by Tree Sub-Committee
- looking great.
- Skipton Community News now on website each week and on Facebook.
- Restoration work at Jubilee Park and the Linking Skipton Walking Track complete.
- Walking Trails all link up and avenue of trees at the Railway Station end growing well.
- Linking Skipton Walking Trail complete with Ballarat-Skipton Rail Trail being well used.
- Historical Walk available for locals and visitors. Pamphlets available.
Participation in Skipton Progress Association:
- Meetings of Skipton Progress Assocition are open to everyone to attend.
- People are invited to raise any issues they may have in the meeting forum.
- After hearing a proposal, Members can formulate a motion and a vote taken with proposal adopted.
- In order to vote a person must become a member of Skipton Progress Association.
- A small fee of $5.00 is all it takes to to make a real difference in your community.
- SPA is for Men and for Women.
- Young and for those who are a little "More Mature".
Venue for Meetings
- Supper Room of Skipton Mechanics Hall.
- Light Supper after meetings
- The venue is wheelchair accessible.
- On the 1st Thursday of each month
- At 7:30 pm
- Must be a Member to have voting rights.
Alternative Meeting Venue:
- Jubilee Centre, 10 Montgomery Street, Skipton.
- Available for Meetings and Informal Gatherings.
- Contact: Association Secretary on 5340 2043